Monday, September 24, 2018

Picture Book Blog #1

Book Title: My Little Grandmother Often Forgets
Author: Reeve Lindbergh
Illustrator: Kathryn Brown
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Copyright: Jacket illustrations copyright 2007 by Kathryn Brown 
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 20
  
        My Little Grandmother Often Forgets is a wonderful story that highlights a grandmother's struggle with memory loss. The story shows how her grandson, Tom, helps her to find things. It is interesting to see the things that Tom and Grandmother will find. 

        Kathryn Brown does an excellent job of illustrating My Little Grandmother Often Forgets. Brown is able to show the confusion that the grandmother has throughout the story. She also does a great job of illustrating how Tom loves helping his grandmother out. My favorite illustration is at the very end of the book because it shows that Grandmother is not confused about loving Tom and wanting to be with him. 

        This book could be used in a Kindergarten through Second Grade classroom. It could be used to teach about rhyming in Kindergarten, or hereditary traits in Second Grade. I think that this book would be great to use to teach about being patient with older people, or even younger people who tend to forget things.
Image result for my little grandmother often forgets

1 comment:

  1. Your great descriptions of this children's book paint it as a sweet-heartwarming story. I would love to read this in the future, and possibly share it with my future class. I love the diverse teaching opportunities you highlighted that it provides! It sounds like this book could be a great investment for a classroom library.

    ReplyDelete